Vincent Crisanti was elected as City Councillor for Ward 1 – Etobicoke North in October 2010. He was also a Councillor in the former City of Etobicoke. Vincent has a strong background in public service, community involvement and success in the private sector.
At the beginning of the 2014 – 2018 term he was selected as one of four Deputy Mayors by Mayor John Tory, to represent Etobicoke and help raise the economic profile in the western part of the City.
Initiatives that he is currently spearheading to create jobs and to promote economic growth in Etobicoke include:
1. Expanded gaming and the revitalization of Woodbine Racetrack.
2. Better transit connectivity through the Finch LRT and a new Regional Express Rail station in Etobicoke North.
3. Ongoing economic business roundtables, which engage and connect Etobicoke and Toronto businesses to programs and opportunities available to them to start, grow and expand their ventures.
Vincent is committed to providing exceptional service for constituents in Ward 1 and to working with the Mayor, Council and the community to make Etobicoke North and the entire City of Toronto a better place to live and work.
Vincent is engaged in working with the Albion Islington Square Business Improvement Area and with local businesses to bring good jobs to the community.
Through his professional activities, Vincent has developed a keen sense of how to make business work. Prior to his election, he managed a GTA-based outdoor advertising business and a real estate office.
Committees, agencies, boards and commissions:
- Vice-Chair, Etobicoke York Community Council
- Vice-Chair Government Management Committee
- Toronto Transit Commission
- Albion Islington Square Business Improvement Area
- Canadian National Exhibition Association, Municipal Section
- Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA) – Consultative Committee
- Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA) – Community Environment and Noise Advisory Committee
- Thistletown Multi-Service Centre, Board of Management
- Toronto and Region Conservation Authority