HELP PLAN TRANSIT IN TORONTO & ETOBICOKE NORTH
Deputy Mayor Vincent Crisanti is hosting a community consultation and information session on the transit plan for Etobicoke North.
When: Tuesday, April 19th, 2016.
Where: Father Henry Carr Secondary School, Main Gym, 1760 Martin Grove Road
Time: 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
The City of Toronto and the TTC, together with Metrolinx & GO Transit, are working together to bring more transit to communities across the City with connections through Toronto and the GTA. Please join myself, with Metrolinx and City of Toronto Staff to learn more about the integrated transit planning taking place and provide your feedback on the key projects and studies underway including:
– Regional Transportation Plan Review: Metrolinx is launching the formal review process for the Regional
Transportation Plan, which guides the work being done to transform the transportation network in the GTHA.
– Electrification of the GO Rail Network: Electrification of Metrolinx owned rail corridors will enable more
frequent and faster train service.
– New Stations on the Go Rail Network: Today, 64 GO stations serve thousands of customers and six more are under way.
– Integrated Transit Fares: Making cross municipal boundaries an switching between transit simple and hastle-free.
– SmartTrack: Integrating SmartTrack and GO Regional Express Rail to improve transit across the City.
– Finch West LRT: Metrolinx will begin construction in 2017.
THIS MEETING WILL PROVIDE AN OVERVIEW ON ALL THE ABOVE INITIATIVES, WITH A FOCUS ON NEW STATIONS AND A CONNECTION TO WOODBINE.
For further information and to R.S.V.P. your attendance contact:
Deputy Mayor Vincent Crisanti