Mayor’s Task Force on Toronto Community Housing – We Want to Hear from You – Tuesday, April 19 – North Kipling Community Centre – 6:00pm – 9:00pm
The Mayor’s Task Force on Toronto Community Housing has made recommendations to address ongoing social and financial pressures at the Toronto Community Housing Corporation (TCHC). A series of meetings are scheduled to provide additional information on the City’s process and to receive input from the public on the recommendations. Senator Art Eggleton, Task Force Chair, will attend the first meeting on Monday night in Scarborough.
“I am both pleased and encouraged by the commitmentPoster March 2016 of the City of Toronto to ensuring the social and economic viability of Toronto Community Housing. I want to see people have decent, affordable housing. I want them to feel safe and secure in their homes,” said Senator Eggleton. “I have heard the commitment of the City to these same goals and to working with the Task Force recommendations to make transformation happen. I look forward to attending the first in a series of community meetings hosted by the City of Toronto. These meetings are an excellent step in continuing the conversation with TCHC tenants and other community members.”
Community meetings schedule:
Ward 1 Meeting date: Tuesday, April 19, 6 to 9 p.m. North Kipling Community Centre, rooms 1 and 2, 2 Rowntree Rd.
• Monday, April 11, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Scarborough Civic Centre, rotunda, 150 Borough Dr.
• Tuesday, April 12, 6 to 9 p.m. Sheppard Place, ground floor recreation room, 4455 Bathurst St.
• Thursday, April 14, 2:30 to 4 p.m. Cedarbrae Manor, ground floor recreation room, 65 Greencrest Cir.
• Wednesday, April 20, 6 to 9 p.m. North York Memorial Hall, Burgundy Room, 5110 Yonge St.
• Thursday, April 21, 1:30 to 4 p.m. Lawrence Heights Community Centre, gymnasium, 5 Replin Rd.
• Saturday, April 23, 2 to 5 p.m. The 519 Ballroom, 519 Church St.
• Monday, April 25, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Oakdale Community Centre, gymnasium, 350 Grandravine Dr.
Members of the public are invited to attend any of the sessions to provide feedback. ASL interpretation, child minding and refreshments will be provided. Space is limited. Please register by sending an email to email@example.com or by calling 416-338-3302. More information is available at http://www.toronto.ca/tch-taskforce.